Magical music to enhance your practice
Using music that inspires you during your yoga practice can really make it so powerful. I love using music during my own Dru yoga practice – here are some of my favourites!
- Once Upon the Sea of Blissful Awareness from the Album “Tales of the Inexpressible” by Shpongle (available from Amazon Music: https://music.amazon.co.uk/albums/B001N9E9KE?do=play&trackAsin=B001N9E9X6&ref=dm_sh_UzPRsnSkgSjMJeke5t7rsl9px)
- No Stress from the album only for RELAX volume 1 by C.J. Rogers (available here: https://cjrogers.bandcamp.com/album/only-for-relax-volume-1)
- Helelele from the album “African Tapestries – January” by Hennie Bekker (available from Amazon Music: https://music.amazon.co.uk/albums/B003ZOC6RS?do=play&trackAsin=B003ZOG534&ref=dm_sh_MjIZ0GfVzrlrHTdSmfFy7VKQO)
For Energy Block Releases and sequences
- The Devi Prayer from the album “108 Sacred Names of Mother Divine – Sacred Chants of Devi” by Craig Pruess and Ananda. I love doing Energy Block Release 3 to this (you can stream it on YouTube: https://youtu.be/LiB9t2DMpug; the album is available on Amazon Music: https://music.amazon.co.uk/albums/B002HW4BLI?do=play&trackAsin=B002HWCA0M&ref=dm_sh_lUFCtSJLsSSgQWsUqYGaONFBn)
- All tracks from the album “Bright Future” by Peder B. Helland (available on Amazon Music (https://music.amazon.co.uk/albums/B07B53CBYY?ref=dm_sh_ZGufGTfnsqpLQbdtPm0WxRyLB)
- All tracks from the album “Elements” by Jolanda Yonker and Joris Vincken. This music created by the Dru team and is available on cd or as a download here: https://druyoga.com/uk/shop/audio/elements-cd). If you’re a Dru yoga teacher, you are licensed to use this music in your yoga classes.
I particularly love using music by Chris Kimber and he’s a really fab guy – I wrote to him and he gave me permission to use his music during my classes too. This is his website: http://www.chriskimber.info/
- Moonlight Rhythms from the album “Tranquility” by Chris Kimber (you can stream it on YouTube here; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-TzhJ93cFE&list=PLCqqnDBMJYuFdFUd9zblYZ2Xt-UyaWGOS and buy the album here: http://www.chriskimber.info/).
- Wood from the album “Elements” by Chris Kimber (you can stream it here with nature sounds added: https://youtu.be/1MxGzOexeyY). The original doesn’t have the bird song and is much more relaxing I think; you can buy the album here: http://www.chriskimber.info/)
- Flute and Tampura from the album “Vayu” by Jolanda Yonker and Joris Vincken (available on cd or to download here: https://druyoga.com/uk/shop/audio/vayu). If you’re a Dru yoga teacher, you are licensed to use this music in your yoga classes.
Music can really help create an amazing atmosphere – why not try it with your personal yoga practice and see how it makes you feel! Have a wonderful day everyone!